PERSONAL PERFORMANCE AWARDS
In Club racing many members race regularly and enjoy their racing, but only a few have the chance of a podium place and a trophy to mark their success.
Despite this, at any point in a season’s racing, racers may have achieved some personal goal that goes unrecognised and unmarked by an award.
So, for an experimental year, the Club are introducing an opportunity for any rider to be presented with a trophy to mark a personal achievement.
The rules will be:
- The trophy must be requested by anyone other than the rider himself e.g. support crew, sponsor, family, or team member.
- The reason given for the award must be for some legitimate sporting achievement details of which will be shown on the trophy.
- Such a trophy may be awarded only once per season per rider or sidecar crew.
- The award is not available to riders who have already won prize money or a trophy in the race concerned.
- A donation £10 must be made towards the cost to which the Club will make a positive contribution and arrange for a suitably engraved trophy to be available for collection at the next race meeting. Details must be given to and payments made to the Race Office.
This award system will be reviewed at the end of the season.